Fortnite 6.02 Update Fixes Nintendo Switch and Xbox One Performance Issues, Adds Disco Domination Mode
Another week, another Fortnite update. This time the battle royale shooter is updated to version 6.02. Fortnite v6.02 adds a new limited time mode (or LTM as its known) called Disco Domination and sees some much needed performance fixes for the Nintendo Switch and Xbox One₹ 4,999 versions of the game. The Fortnite 6.02 update download size is 10GB on Xbox One, 941.6MB on PS4, roughly 200MB on Nintendo Switch, and 147.9MB on iOS. The Xbox One Fortnite 6.02 update download size pretty much replaces the whole game, which in itself is roughly 12.27GB.
Fortnite 6.02 update patch notes: Nintendo Switch and Xbox One
- Addressed a disk performance issue on Xbox One which was causing buildings and cosmetics to load in slowly. This will also reduce load times. Please note: This fix will result in a larger patch download than usual (around 10GB).
- Fixed some hitches on Switch caused by blocking loads of UI data.
- Increased the texture pool size on Xbox One, which should avoid some issues with blurry textures and improve rendering performance.
As for Disco Domination LTM, it’s being described as the ultimate dance-off with dance floors present across the Fortnite island. You take them over by clearing enemies and dancing to raise a disco ball up from the floor. The team that fills their metre the fastest by capturing and defending dance floors wins.
Fortnite Disco Domination LTM – how to play
- Two teams of fifty players.
- Respawning will be turned on until the third (last) storm circle.
- Five dance floors will appear on the map whenever the storm is not moving.
- Emoting on a dance floor when no enemies are present will raise a disco ball in the center of the floor, and capture it for your team.
- The more friendly players dancing on a floor, the faster it will be captured.
- Once a floor is captured, it will begin filling the team’s ‘dance bar’ on the HUD, until either an enemy stands on it or the current storm timer ends and the storm begins to move. The first team to fill their dance bar to 100 percent will win the match.
- The dance floors in the later stages of the match fill the bar more quickly, so don’t give up if your team is behind!
- It is not possible to build on or over the dance floors, but they can be protected by surrounding them with a fort.
- Glider redeploy is activated in this mode, press jump while falling to use your glider.
- This mode uses 50v50 levels of loot and resources.